Thursday 23 September 2010

Review: Betty Hula


When I started this blog I wanted it to be a helpful blog, full of reviews, hints, useful information etc etc. So when I saw @bettyhula on Twitter asking if people wanted free samples - I said yes. This was weeks ago! Unfortunatelt they came at a time when I had loads on at work and was rushing round a lot. Anyway long story short (ish) I DID sample the products I was sent and here (finally) is my review. Betty, please accept my apologies for it being so late!

The products I recieved were Kiwi & Lime Shea Butter Moisturiser and The Secret - anti-aging oil.

KIWI & LIME SHEA BUTTER MOISTURISER
The first thing that hits you when you open the moisturiser is the smell. It's divine! Really fresh and not at all chemically like some creams can be. It's quite a thick moisturiser, so not one that I would use every day, but one to keep for when I fancy an at-home pamper session. It does go on well and my skin felt lovely and soft that evening and the next day, and every now and then I'd get a hint of the lime-y scent which lasted longer than I thought it might.

THE SECRET - ANTI-AGING OIL
Being new to sampling such a wide range of cosmetic goodies - I wasn't entirely sure what to do with this, as I only had a sample (I'm not sure if the full-size product has directions) so I asked. I was told to smooth a few drops onto my face after a bath. So I did.

I was a little dubious at smearing oil on my face, but it was lovely. I tend to think of oil as olive oil type consistency but this was light with a very delicate fragrance. I did end up with more on my hands that my face...but that just meant my hands were lovely & soft too. My skin did feel & look great the next day - whether it looked younger, well I guess I'll have to try it a bit longer to check that out! ;)

All in all I would say that the products are lovely. They sink smoothly into your skin and are definitely worth a night in to try them out. I am intrigued to try the Champagne & Spice Moisturiser but I think, at the moment, it'll have to go on my Christmas list (hubby, if you're reading this....).

I love the brand and the products, and Betty has been great to deal with, I would defintiely buy these products in the future & am looking forward to seeing what other products they develop.

(All images taken from www.bettyhula.co.uk © Betty Hula.)

2 comments:

  1. Fab review thank you very much!
    As a special thank you to all your readers - get 25% off at www.bettyhula.co.uk by entering BHB25 at checkout

    Love Betty x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Betty! That's very lovely of you. x

    ReplyDelete