Tuesday 10 August 2010

Bouncing my way to fitness


In line with my new life I have decided to start exercising. I am lazy and not particularly sporty so I needed something that wouldn't take much effort (that I could do at home) and that didn't require any specific skill (catching, balance, throwing, hitting etc.)

I have been hit by the 'fitness bug' before and I purchased a mini trampoline (excuse me - rebounder) which I decided to dig out. I can do it in my living room while watching friends, it only requires me to make sure I stay on the thing and is, according to NASA, one of the best forms of exercise you can do. Perfect!

And guess what! I actually enjoy it!!

The first day I planned to do 30 minutes - I mean, how hard can it be?! Huh. I managed 10 minutes. And felt a bit downhearted, until I found this article that says you should start with 3 x 3 minute sessions a day. :) That I could manage. However I do also have to go to work, and I am definitely not a 'get up and exercise' kinda gal. So I have opted to stick to my one 10 to 20 minute session a day.

Yesterday, for the first time I managed to do a whole 30 minutes - a whole episode of Friends. And I am hoping I will stick to it.

It truly does give you a fabulously smug feeling when you're sitting on your sofa later on with a glass of wine. ;) And in some cases it will even drive you to want to be more healthy and have a glass of water instead. Just saying! Progress at your own risk....

2 comments:

  1. "Yesterday, for the first time I managed to do a whole 30 minutes - a whole episode of Friends. And I am hoping I will stick to it."

    You know what, you've inspired me. I think I'll get a bouncer too :)

    BTW: "How you doing?!"

    <3 your favorite American FRIEND

    Also, I'm adding your blog to my blogroll :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Claire
    Thanks for visiting. It's good fun & watching Friends definitely makes the time go quickly. :)
    Would love to hear how you get on.
    Rhi

    ReplyDelete