Monday 9 August 2010

Time for a manicure

I'll let you in on a secret. I am a nail biter. I have bitten my nails for as long as I have had them. I've been much better over the last few years and I do think that I have finally (touch wood) dropped the habit. Until I have a drink or two.

So manicures are fairly new to me as I have never had nails to work on and I am a bit rubbish at it. I kind of figure it must just be practice.... so here is my first proper attempt at doing my nails. I will say that I did have a mini manicure at a spa last weekend, so they weren't totally mishapen to start with (luckily for me!)

Before:

Here's what I did.
- Removed any nail varnish with remover, just in case.
- Washed my hands.
- Masaged cuticles with cuticle remover.
- Used an orange stick to push cuticles back.
- Masaged nails with Nails Inc oil slick pen.
- Moisturised hands with hand cream.

And that was just the prep bit!! I didn't realise how much went into it - but my hands did feel lovely and soft! :) Here are the products I used:



Then:
- Filed my nails to an (almost) square tip.
- Used a base coat with some special ingredient to help my nails grow.
- Nail varnish (finally, the fun bit!) in a very dark brown (almost black) with glittery finish.
- Nails Inc top coat to keep the colour safe.

This was the final result:

But I didn't like it. So I took it all off and did this:


And I enjoyed it so much I decided to try again on Sunday and went for blue:


I am sure there is much more detail & information I could add here - but I'll leave that for another post!  Any tips to share?

2 comments:

  1. Yep! There's the manicure job! :) You told me not to expect too much, but it looks GREAT doesn't it? Well, except for the black nailpolish.. ;)

    Hm.. I'm sure I must have a bottle of nail treatment lying around somewhere... *hurries off*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry for late reply - have only just seen this comment. Bit thanks for popping by & your comments.

    Have been paiting my nails a lot to stop the nibbles and my nail polish collection has grown! :)

    ReplyDelete